abilitychoice.org Privacy Notice
What Personal Information About Visitors Does abilitychoice.org Gather?
The information we learn from visitors helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at abilitychoice.org. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future website changes, improving our shopping areas and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses abilitychoice.org. The Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at abilitychoice.org if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from abilitychoice.org if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: For reasons such as improving personalization of our service (for example, providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as remembering you when you visit, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of abilitychoice.org's coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does abilitychoice.org Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. At this time the ACS does not share any personal information collected through abilitychoice.org with any of it's strategic partners or endorsed product vendors. However, the ACS does present statistical traffic information in aggregate to provide our advertisers and developers information about our website usage.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of abilitychoice.org customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers.
- Protection of abilitychoice.org and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of abilitychoice.org, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such abilitychoice.org features as autologin.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
abilitychoice.org does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use abilitychoice.org only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit abilitychoice.org, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at abilitychoice.org, please send us a thorough description , and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.